Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kafreen in the UK

Here I am, taking a few minutes out of my suddenly busy and suddenly fun summer to post another blog update! I might have anyway, but this was specifically prompted by a semi-frantic email from my mother begging for contact. So here it is, Momma, I am not currently lying abandoned in a cobblestone alley OR eloping with a British soccer player--though who would really be upset about the latter?

London continues to be everything I hoped it would be. Well, that is true, but it's not what I mean to say. Really, this entire experience is everything I hoped it would be, and a heck of a lot more. Mostly this is due to my program-mates (there's an open invitation for a better term for that one) being awesome. I am truly shocked that everyone I have met is friendly, funny, intelligent and, most importantly, eager to do anything and everything that there is to do here.

...And there is a LOT to do here, my goodness. Every day after class (which we have from 9:30 until 12 Monday-Thursday) we find some way to explore the city, whether it be searching for King Tut and the original Beowulf manuscript in the British museum (failure on both counts) or finding the best pub for fish and chips and a pint. We've only been here two full days, so we haven't seen any of the classic sights quite yet, but that is sure to come...and mutiple photos are sure to follow.

Have to get ready for class now! Today, class will be followed by a group purchase of England "football" jerseys and trip to our favorite pub for the game, and THAT will be followed by Henry IV at the Globe Theatre. What a very British day!

No comments:

Post a Comment