Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Sorry, I'm American."

Twenty-four hours of travel is enough to drive a person crazy. Then consider a traveler who is young, inexperienced, alone, exhausted, hungry, dragging a 50-lb (exactly!) suitcase, and, most importantly, American. What do you get? Disaster on the tube/taxi/streets of Bloomsbury.

Okay, that's an exaggeration, but my day of traveling cross-country all by my lonesome was extremely taxing, and I am happy it's behind me. London itself is everything I dreamed of--and I've only seen about three streets.

I feel the need to justify every stupid question I ask here, hence my new favorite phrase: "Sorry, I'm American. I have no idea what I'm doing." So far I've gotten about 30 dirty looks and one, "That's all right, love. Those cobblestones would trip anyone!"

Here's to hoping my record gets better in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

  1. Tessie,
    Hope all is well. Just wanted to report that I had a "run in" with Porkie this morning. I don't want to go into detail, but once again, it involved her penchant for shower water. She is trying to break me, but so far I am hanging tough.
    Love,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tessie,
    I will be your most faithful blog stalker. I will read them all to your slug of a brother Paul while he lays on the couch. We miss you already and can't wait to read your updates from all of your adventures.
    Love,
    Kelsey, Paul and Anna

    ReplyDelete